We are being transmitted into a world that is all dependent upon modern technologies for all its work. From micro-scale to large-scale workers, everyone’s employment revolves around technology. We all know that with the help of Laptops or Pcs, work gets easier and faster. We can also save our necessary information in it for a longer duration.
But the question arises, with whose help, how, and where this data is stored?
In this article, we will acquire knowledge about the following queries as well as what is the difference between RAM and ROM, which plays an essential role in the storage of data in Laptops or Pcs.
Table Of Contents
- What Is RAM
- Types Of RAM
- What Is ROM
- Types Of ROM
- Difference Between RAM And ROM
Before gathering information about RAM and ROM, one needs to be aware of the term Memory because, without this term, RAM and ROM function doesn’t weigh.
Memory is the physical component of the computer system which is responsible for storing data and information in the computer.
The memory of the computer can be divided into two main parts-
- Primary Memory
- Secondary Memory
Primary Memory is then divided into further two main sections-
What Is RAM
The abbreviation for RAM is Random Access Memory. RAM, the primary memory of the computer, is responsible for storing those areas of data and information on which the computer is currently operating. RAM is the volatile memory which means if we shut down the computer, all the data will be lost.
If we discuss the best RAM in the market, multiple varieties are available. One of the best among them is DDR4 RAMs. But it’s a hard task to select the appropriate product with the right quality and affordable budget. The Best RAM for the i7 8700k CPU will be fantastic in boosting the power of the Intel Core i7 8700k in all respects. Fortunately, some great options on the market are pre-selected by experts to make your work of selecting the best RAM for 8700K easy.
Let’s go on with the list:
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2×8 Gb) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz c16 – The Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO series offers you the pleasure to benefit from dynamic RGB lights synchronized.
- Patriot Memory Viper 4 Series DDR4 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3000 MHz -Patriot Memory Viper Series 4 gives you the best performance for multiple IT environments.
- Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz – The Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO series gives you the pleasure of enjoying dynamic RGB lights synchronized on all compatibility products such as light strips, memory, keyboards, fans, mice, etc.
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB ( 2X*GB ) DDR4 3600 – Corsair Vengeance LPX is designed to be fully compatible.
- Patriot Viper Elite 16GB 2400MHz CL 16 Single Channel DDR4 RAM – The RAM uses a high-performance thermal shield to evacuate heat to ensure difficult system performance.
Types Of RAM
RAM is divided into two following parts:
- Static RAM – Static RAM or SRAM stores a little data using the state of a memory cell with six transistors.
- Dynamic RAM – Dynamic RAM or DRAM is responsible for storing a small amount of data using a pair of transistors and capacitors.
What Is ROM
The abbreviation for ROM is Read Only Memory. A secondary memory, ROM is a non-volatile memory which means data remains stored even if the computer is shut off.
Types Of ROM
ROM is classified into 4 main sections:
- Programmable ROM: It is a non-volatile ROM in which data is only written after the memory chip is created.
- Erasable Programmable ROM: It is a type of volatile memory chip in which data can be erased by exposing it to high-intensity UV light.
- Electrically Erasable Programmable ROM: It is a type of ROM in which input can be wiped off electrically with the assistance of field electron emission.
- Mask ROM: In this type of chip, data is written during the manufacturing of the memory chip.
Difference Between RAM and ROM
- RAM is the volatile memory that can store information as long as the power is supplied while ROM is a non-volatile memory that stores information even after the cutting off of the power supply.
- In RAM, reading, and writing options are available while in ROM, only the read option is sponsored.
- RAM is high-speed memory while ROM is slower in comparison to RAM.
- RAM size is large with a higher capacity while ROM size is small with a lower capacity.
- RAM is quite expensive while ROM is cheap in rate.
Hence, computer memory plays an important role in efficient and reliable working. Hope this article proves helpful in solving all your queries.